Purpose of the Role:
- To further grow our team, we are recruiting for a Service Calibration Engineer.
- In this role you will predominately cover the UK and provide a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive calibration and engineering service, to support our clients in maintaining instrumentation equipment and systems across temperature, electrical and pressure.
- This job is home based, ideally located in the East Midlands.
- The role involves frequent travel, overnight stays and working overtime.
- Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair onsite instrumentation.
- Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
- Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
- Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
- Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
- Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
- Ensure all forms and certificates are accurate and produced on time.
- Must have experience in electrical, pressure, temperature calibration and uniformity surveys.
- With regards to work behaviours, we are looking for someone reliable, customer focused, have a methodical approach with competent self-management skills and be able to 'think on their feet'.
- Industrial experience in the Metal Processing, Aerospace or similar industries is desirable with a sound knowledge of instruments in particular Eurotherm products.
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in electrical/instrumentation/system/control discipline or served a relevant apprenticeship
- Knowledge of UKAS BS/EN/ISO 17025 and AMS 2750E.
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with calibration of temperature/pressure instrumentation.
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working activities.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbally and written.
- The ability to develop good working relationships with customers.
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
- Proven experience in a field service / on-site role.
- IT Literate
- Be willing to travel and spend nights away from home.
- Be willing to work overtime when required, incl. weekends.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
- Up to £28,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job