Job Description For Vacancy No: 238167T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Calibration Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
As a result of growing demands for our award winning range of diesel engines and an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking a talented Calibration Engineer or Senior Calibration Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain electronics and control systems.
Roles are based at our client's new multi-million pound engine research and development centre in Derbyshire.
Qualifications / Experience
- A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Electronic/Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Candidates should have experience of diesel or gasoline engine fundamentals, automotive electric/electronic systems, including experience of Tier I supplier engine / after treatment control systems, interface tools & software documentation.
- You will have experience in the use of powertrain calibration tools such as ATI VISION or ETAS INCA and familiarity with calibration reporting, review and submission process.
- A good understanding of engine management fundamentals and familiarity with powertrain embedded software documentation in Simulink or ASCET formats.
- A track record in leading junior engineers and technicians in calibration activities.
- Experience in developing test procedures to facilitate the continual.
- Calibration of machine specific engine ECU parameters across a range of applications including engine speed governing, cold/hot/altitude operation, drivability and speed limiting.
- Hands on approach to preparation of prototype machine control systems.
- Preparation and deployment of logging equipment to machines on endurance test and the collection / analysis of the data collected.
- Planning and organisation of test activities at company facilities and external sites.
- Participation in environmental test trips (hot, cold and altitude) in the UK and abroad.
- Support of calibration related quality issues, for both internal and external customers.
Salary/Rate: £38000 - £52000 depending upon experience
- *A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Electronic/Systems Engineering or equivalent. *Candidates should have experience of diesel or gas
- automotive electric/electronic systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job