Our client is a specialist Manufacturer. To help maintain their height quality standards they are looking to recruit a Calibration Engineer. On offer is real security and the chance to work for a market leader in their field.
- To ensure all tooling and measuring equipment used within the company is recorded, monitored and calibrated in line with company/corporate standards.
- Ensure all calibration records are complete and up to date.
- Ensure compliance with all current internal and corporate calibration standards.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to a high level at all times within the calibration lab.
- Take a proactive approach to maintaining and improving the calibration process to ensure that the processes and systems are correctly maintained and improved.
- Maintain master calibration standards and ensure that calibration certificates are traceable to national standards.
- Ensure that all calibration requirements are planned and handled in a timely manner to ensure that all equipment is within required calibration date.
- Ensure that 3rd party calibration services are monitored and all records are up to date and valid.
- Flexible approach to ensure all calibration requirements are carried out in line with departmental requirements.
- Take a proactive approach to improving efficiency and safety.
- Understanding of COSHH requirements within the calibration lab.
- Awareness of risk assessments for individual tasks within calibration lab.
- Correct handling of all calibration equipment to ensure satisfactory calibration results.
- HNC/HND Electronic or Mechanical engineering.
- Related Experience.
- Mechanical Engineering / Electronics background , prior calibration laboratory experience.
- Skills, Special Competencies, or Certifications.
- Good communications skills in English Language (Written and Verbal).
- PC skills with good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Customer focus with a positive attitude towards solving problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers.
- Confident and able to work under own initiative.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.