TM Resourcing (Technical & Engineering) are recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing organisation based in Nuneaton.
Our client in an award winning sub-contract engineering organisation mainly operating within Aerospace & Industrial.
Due to continued growth, they are now ready to drastically increase their staffing levels permanently. We are on the lookout for an experienced Calibration Engineer.
- Work to company standards in relation to Calibration.
- Undertake inspection operations as requested by your Line Manager in accordance with customer / company requirements
- Take responsibility for the care and management of all company gauges. Ensuring all
- Calibrations, routine maintenance, servicing is conducted in line with the defined periodicity in the calibration procedure.
- Keep updated and maintain the company's gauge calibration software in relation to records of calibration.
- Ensure all calibrations are traceable to national standards, that equipment calibrated externally is performed by UKAS 17025 calibrated labs where possible, or alternatively the equipment manufacturer.
- Manage the effective recall of calibrated items, to ensure calibration is maintained.
- Where deviations are found during calibration, outside of the normal errors, inform your Line Manager.
- To advise all areas of the company on the correct choice of gauge, appropriate for the job.
- Liaise directly with cell operatives regarding inspection and calibration issues, offering advice or assistance where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Company's Responsible Level 3, on calibrated equipment used for NDT.
- Work in a conscientious and diligent manner, ensuring that the quality of the product is paramount at all times.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at your work station at all times, assisting in the implementation and sustainment of 5S and other LEAN principles as required.
- Where possible, in terms of skills and availability, offer flexibility in engaging with other departments / equipment if requested.
- Report all relevant operational non-conformances via the reject note system ensuring that your Supervisor countersigns in accordance with company policy.
- Deliver technical training to production operators in order to develop their skills and capabilities to increase team working and flexibility.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Look to implementation continuous improvement and Lean management techniques
- Manage your time and work on your own initiative to ensure all work is carried out as agreed
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Have the ability to understand Engineering Drawings and Tolerances.
- Diplomatic, tactful and confident.
- Resolving problems in an efficient manner
- Proactive and participative as part of the team
- Detail conscious and conscientious
- Open minded and able to adapt to changing environment and circumstances
- Customer focused and constantly striving for better ways of delivering for the company.
- Ability to observe, listen and question.
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate a commitment to goals, a "can do" approach to problems and persistence in the face of adversity
- Strong desire to challenge the status quo and look for better/more efficient ways of completing tasks.
- Liaise with production on planning of the manufacturing of the product
- Understanding engineering, technical information
- Communicating and presenting data effectively
- Applying health and safety practices as per the company standards.
Education & Qualifications
- Calibration and Metrology
- Previous Inspection experience
- M/S computer packages
Hours of work: (Day shift)
- Monday to Thursday - 7AM - 4:45PM (37 hours per week)
- Up to £12.40 per hour (Up to £24K per annum) - Dependant on experience
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays per annum can be taken in 15 minute slots. Example: you can take 45 mins holiday if you want to leave early rather than half a day.
- Profit-share bonus - subject to t&cs
- Medical leave for self and dependants (to attend appointments subject to receipt of an appointment card) 16 hours per annum.
- Westfield health plan (following successful probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme (following successful probation period)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job