The Role is a key member of the Quality Team. Working within a small team, you will provide measurement and calibration services and advice to the business.
Our client are an automotive manufacturing business based in Bristol and are looking for an experienced Calibration and Inspection Engineer to join their busy team
The main responsibilities for the Calibration and Inspection Engineer will be:
- Carry out calibration of gauging
- Organise calibration of gauging (measurement / pressure / load / flow / electronic ) with external vendors including the specification and commercial aspects
- Calibration System Administration including certificates and traceability
- Gauge R&R
- Maintenance and repair of gauging in line with SOPs.
- Carry out Dimensional / capability studies & reporting
- CMM use and programming - manual and CNC.
- Use of Shadowgraph and other hand held gauging
- Sample archiving
Goods Inward Inspection
- Carryout Goods Inward Inspection of supplied parts in-line with ERP system and SOPs
The successful Calibration and Inspection Engineer will have:
- Demonstrate involvement in the use of lean and quality tools e.g. 5S, 8D, FMEA,
- 3 to 5 years of valid experience that demonstrates competence against the key requirements of the role. All supporting relevant qualifications will be taken into consideration - may include:
-Calibration training program.
-Formal training in Metrology
-Hands on calibration experience.
-Experience with electrical/electronic calibrations.
-Familiarity with monitoring quality processes.
-Experience with the use of calibration software
-Experience of working within ANSI Z540.1 ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Calibration and Inspection Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job