Zero-hour contracts - looking for multiple workers
Old Down is an award-winning attraction set in breath-taking countryside.With 66 acres of open space, gardens, woodlandsandplay areas/adventure playgrounds - not to mention the fam animals and yurt!
Onsite is the rustic Barn Café offering breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and coffee. To make the café a great place for customers and to work alongside the existing team, we need to recruit further staff who have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and of course a passion for interacting with people.
A typical day is likely to include:
- Taking orders and serving in the café
- Making coffees using the machine and other hot/ cold beverages
- Creating our custom 'freakshakes’
- Delivering drinks and food orders from the kitchen to customers tables
- Using the till
- Taking money for admission sales for visitors to the park
- Providing an excellent service to our customers and visitors
- Previous customer service/face to face customer interaction experience is essential
- Strong communications skills
- The ability to be flexible and work at short notice
- To be able to use your initiative and think on your feet - problem solve or think quickly in an often fast-paced café
- Ability to keep calm and deal with any difficult situations or queries from customers
Previous experience as a waitress/barista/café assistant/front of house or restaurant staff would be desirable, but is NOT essential.
**We are holding a recruitment day for this role and other positions within the business on Tuesday 20th March for applicants at Old Down Country Park - you will need to be available between 11.00am and 2.00pm on this day for an introduction to the company, a tour of the site and a face to face interview.**
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Organisational Skills
- People Skills