The purpose of this role is to be responsible for providing a good quality coffee shop experience.
The role will:
- Prepare coffees and other beverages as required
- Ensure customers are served efficiently and according to a good standard
- Assist with the preparation of core menus and specials for food and beverages
- Serve and re-stock food to pre-set standards
- Manage and direct the work of the student staff team
- Work as part of a team
- Assist in the general promotion of the catering facilities
- Deal with the handling of cash, the safe and tills - cashing up, change and banking
- Ordering of stock and controls
- Prepare Staff rotas and inputting wages
- Train new baristas and supervisors
- Undertake administration work including ordering, authorising invoices and stocktaking
- Report and follow up maintenance of equipment.
- Operate a clean as you go policy
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm for the 31 Academic term weeks. The remaining 21 academic vacation weeks are Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm.
- Barista Training