CAFÉ MANAGER - Better Food.
Line Manager: Catering Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Café Supervisors and Assistants
Mission: To help us be the best independent retailer and deliver on the company purpose, aspiration, customer promise and values primarily by delivering excellent customer service throughout all areas of your role:
- Manage the delivery of successful Café operations.
- Be a great manager to our company and your team.
To be successful it is essential we have;
- A customer centric approach
- Profitable café operations
- Strong teams with the right members doing the right jobs
- Excellent communication channels
- Efficient in essential processes
- Ensuring consistency across the business
- Continual monitoring, review, innovation and improvement
…. All aligned to our purpose, aspiration, values and customer promise.
Be a great manager to our company and your team.
- Maintain a positive, can do attitude, be a great role model
- Provide great communication and expect this from others. Ensure communication is excellent (up, down and sideways) through team meetings, huddles, one-on-one’s etc.
- Ensure we have healthy, productive teams.
o Manage workloads appropriately, ensure adequate staffing of the Café
o Ensure we have the right people in the right jobs ('on the bus’) and poor performers or poor fit staff 'off the bus’ all in a timely, legal, and BFC appropriate way.
o Ensure that direct reports are inducted, trained and compensated appropriately
o Manage performance promptly and effectively
- Ensure chefs and supervisors are strong performers and leaders and ensure there is a continuity plan for absences and those leaving the company
- Lead support and develop supervisors as well as identifying and developing future team leaders.
- Ensure a robust performance management approach with direct reports,
o Meet with your direct reports at least once per week (to align and prioritise activity)
o Perform informal reviews monthly with your direct reports
o Perform quarterly personal development needs, plans and progress.
o Perform formal end of year reviews.
- Oversee the staff rota including holidays - ensuring adequate cover in the café at all times.
- Recruiting in line with the Better Food Company ethos
- Attend meetings on a regular basis; engage and be candid.
- Provide insight and feedback from department (both employee and customers).
- Bring fresh ideas and suggestions to drive business success and deliver on targets.
- Work in unison with the St Werburghs retail team
- Build a culture of continual improvement within your team.
- Be knowledgeable and in support of:
o Our company purpose, aspirations, customer promise and values.
o Our company structure, resources and goals
o Our customers, industry and competition.
- Deliver on KPI’s including but not limited to sales, wastage, margins and wages.
- Ensuring all products within the café deliver adequate return through accurate and regular costings using the Catercost App.
- Ensuring accurate pricing of Café and deli items on Vector at point of sale.
- Deliver on our customer promise in the Café at all times.
- Seek out and respond appropriately to customer feedback.
- Ensure that the commitment to the prioritisation of customer needs and the highest standards of service are embedded in the team
- Ensure range and quality standards remain high through tasting of every product sold in the Café.
- Coordination and communication with teams in other stores.
- Overseeing ordering for the department, ensuring appropriate stock levels and regular monitoring of stock through monthly stocktakes.
- Work with colleagues to complete tasks including pricing, promotions and events - ensuring target margins are met.
- Work with team to mitigate wastage and encourage the creative use of wastage from retail and suppliers, within the department.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance are maintained, including health and safety, fire safety and food hygiene.
- Maintain accurate records and monitoring of standards.
- Maintain Soil Association compliance.
- Other operating tasks, including opening, closing, cashing up.
Other tasks and assignments as reasonably requested.
Values and capabilities
In addition to aligning to our core values (of "THIRST"), the right person will also possess the following capabilities:
- Passion for being a great leader in our company
- Excellent task management - prioritising tasks appropriately and asking for help if required
- Passion for wholesome organic food
- Excellent understanding of food and catering
- Great organisation skills
- Team leader
- Action orientated doer
Key performance indicators
You will be evaluated on what you do and how you do it:
- Sales figures
- Customer numbers
- Average customer transaction
- Team engagement and performance
Expectations: We expect all staff to foster a "can do" attitude, to lead and inspire by example and to put the best interests of the company at the forefront of all they do at Better Food.
This includes taking responsibility for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of health and safety in the workplace.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job