Café and Bar Manager - Room for growth
Located in the Town Centre, this independent theatre and centre for the arts, welcomes over 90,000 people through its doors each year. They are currently looking for a talented individual to take over the day to day running of the Bar and Café which is open daily from 10 am. You will play major role in ensuring the success of the business by training and inspiring your team to provide great customer service and exceed patrons’ expectations.
This is a really lovely position working within an 'arts’ environment with a great group of people. The hours can be flexible but will need to suit the needs of the business.
- Directly manage the catering operations, its staffing, ordering, pricing and profitability, to optimise profitability through volume efficiency, cost control and new initiatives
- Effectively rota, manage, motivate and train staff and volunteers that report to them ensuring that they have a clear sense of purpose and are positively motivated to deliver high levels of customer service
- Recruit new staff as required for the catering operations
- Manage relationships with suppliers to the catering operations to achieve target margins and yield, ensuring that stock is ordered as necessary for the bar and café to be sufficiently well stocked
- To ensure that all catering areas are kept clean, organised, tidy, presentable and well maintained
- Co-ordinate with Kitchen Manager to ensure meals and snacks are cooked and prepared in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations to ensure meals are nutritious, appetising and meeting dietary needs
- To ensure that all staff operate in accordance with UK Licensing laws, health and safety legislation and hygiene requirements
- To ensure that all café and bar equipment is used and maintained properly, ensuring proper measures and minimum wastage
- To program and operate tills, taking responsibility for floats and all cashing up
- To attend staff operational and communication meeting and work with other departments on joint projects
- To serve customers and assist staff in a professional and friendly manner
This is a great opportunity to work in a management position in a local, creative charity in the heart of Tunbridge Wells
If you have experience in busy customer facing operations, management skills and passion we want to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job