We are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician to join a leading Manufacturing company based in Salisbury, Wilts.
Some of the key responsibilities required within the role are as follows:
- Create and maintain schematic designs using PCB CAD software ( Mentor Graphics).
- Create and maintain PCB component libraries within the PCB CAD and PLM systems.
- Collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of mechanical and thermal design aspects.
- Liaise with PCB manufacturers to clarify design requirements and ensure smooth transfer for manufacturing bare boards, with considerations for DFM.
- Liaise with contract electronics manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing PCB assemblies (populated PCBs).
- Maintain Bill of materials and PCB manufacturing data via PLM system.
- Generate PCB assembly process instructions.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project goals and objectives. Undertake multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, managing own time to deliver according to project milestones.
- Design mixed signal PCB layouts both from own schematics and from schematics generated by other design engineers for test fixtures.
- Raise and administrate engineering change requests.
- Obsolete part support - find alternatives and prepare for tests.
- Support R&D team when necessary to cope with peaks in demand.
- All employees have a responsibility for quality and must check the quality of the work they perform.
Key skills required are:
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good time management and organizational skills. easily and have the ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret common scientific and technical data.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to colleagues and vendors.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and their application to component tolerance analysis.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Design, develop and verify electronic circuits including PSU and microcontroller.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret mechanical design.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics.
A full time opportunity with some excellent opportunities to further develop your career.
To discuss this opportunity, contact Louise Howard at ReQuire Consultancy.
- PCB design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job