Our client is looking to recruit a full-time CAD Technician to join a successful an established company in Bedford.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a proven and demonstrable track record as well as be highly organised and keen to learn.
Purpose of Position:
Under direction, perform a broad variety of drafting duties utilising 2D Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CAD) software in support of the company's business activities.
Employees are responsible for executing drafting functions and are expected to exercise judgment and initiative in the performance of their duties.
CAD Technician Key Responsibilities:
* Responsible for producing drawings of new stage and bespoke structure designs, proposals and production drawings.
* Liaise with, as necessary, project managers to ensure all specifications meet the required standards.
* Control and issue of all drawings and technical information.
* Follow projects from initial design stages through to its completion
* Production of detailed fabrication drawings to allow the construction of bespoke products.
* Maintain safe systems of work and adhere to Company's Health and Safety Policy
Education & Qualifications
Essential 3 GCSE's preferably including mathematics.
Desirable HND/HNC level or Apprentice trained in an Engineering/Mechanical discipline.
CAD Technician Experience
* Experience in the production of construction drawings using 2D Autocad software.
* Good knowledge and understanding of Construction drawings.
* Good understanding of structural systems and construction details.
* Computer literate e.g. MS Office
* Experience in the production of construction drawings using 3D Autocad software
* Experience in the production of construction drawings using Tekla software
* Experience of the entertainment or scaffolding industry.
* Experience of scheduling bills of materials.
* An understanding of manufacturing techniques and installation procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
* AutoCad 2D draughting.
* Excellent oral and written communication.
* Computer literacy (M.S Packages).
* Ability to work under pressure
* Demonstrate initiative and display a proactive approach
* Good attention to detail.
* A positive and enthusiastic approach.
* Highly motivated.
* Persistent and determined to achieve goals.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Ability to operate on a 'stand alone' basis.
* A professional approach in all areas of work, responsibilities and duties.
Due to our location own transport will be required.
Please apply ASAP
CAD Technician, CAD Engineer, AutoCAD, Tekla, 2D, 3D
- CAD Technician
- CAD Engineer
- temporary structures
- steel design
- design draughts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job