Our client based near Bedford, a leading supplier of staging equipment used for large music and sporting events, currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced full-time CAD Technician to join a successful an established
role a CAD technician.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a proven and demonstrable track record within Construction Design as well as be highly organised and keen to learn.
Purpose of Position:
Under direction, perform a broad variety of drafting duties utilising 2D Computer-Aided Design/Drafting
(CAD) software in support of the company's business activities.
Employees are responsible for executing drafting functions and are expected to exercise judgement and
initiative in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for producing drawings of new stage and bespoke structure designs, proposals and
- Liaise with, as necessary, project managers to ensure all specifications meet the required standards.
- Control and issue of all drawings and technical information.
- Follow projects from initial design stages through to its completion.
- Production of detailed fabrication drawings to allow the construction of bespoke products.
- Experience in the production of construction drawings using 2D Autocad software.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Construction drawings.
- Good understanding of structural systems and construction details.
- Experience of scheduling bills of materials.
- An understanding of manufacturing techniques and installation procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
- AutoCad 2D draughting.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Computer literacy (M.S Packages).
Due to their location own transport will be required.
For more information on this position, please apply directly through the relevant channels, or call Mark Burton directly on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job