Design / CAD Technician - Structural Steel- Sheffield - £25,000 - £30,000
About Our Client
The company is a long established company founded on the principles of innovative design, quality manufacture and outstanding customer service.
Their steadfast commitment to those values over the years has firmly established the company as one of today's leading designers and manufacturers of Stainless Steel Building Products. It has also earned the company an excellent reputation for quality and reliability amongst the many architects, specifiers, engineers and building contractors that the business serves.
The company is based in Sheffield, the home of stainless steel. The company can trace its roots to the 1920's.
We produce a wide range of corrosion resistant fixings, support systems, flooring and access equipment. Our range is constantly evolving and developing in order to keep pace with the demands of a fast-moving industry and the changing needs of our clients.
Reporting into the Technical Manager as the Cad Design Engineer you will work closely with and support the senior engineer team with any Cad Engineering requirements. You will play a pivotal part in future and current product developments and lead from the front with an entrepreneurial drive.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
* This position involves scheduling, draughting and detailing the clients construction products combined with continued customer support.
* Applicants should be AutoCAD literate, preferably with experience in construction design and with a good understanding of the construction process and building methods.
* You will be I.T literate, able to communicate effectively with the design team, i.e. external Architects, Engineers and Site Construction personnel, and be able to run projects efficiently.
* Using 2D/3D / Auto-Cad / Solidworks to create drawing work
* The positions will be mainly office based but there will be occasional site visits when required.
* Maintaining excellent relationship with client and project teams by telephone, email and face to face meetings
* Knowledge of stainless steel building fixings and/or construction techniques would be a distinct advantage for this position.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Cad Design Engineer position based in Sheffield you will have the following Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
* CAD qualified and therefore the ability to use and draw in CAD
* Have a clear understanding of structural steel
* Strong knowledge of producing working technical drawings and specifications
* Excellent organisational and administration skills including the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
* Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
* Design/branding background would be highly advantageous
* Strong MS user, competent with Outlook, Word and Excel
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,000 Depending on experience.
Excellent benefits and package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job