CAD Technician - FTSE100 Global Organisation - 34-36k
A rapidly expanding FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation are looking to take on a CAD Technician to work within one of its most successful divisions.
The design responsibility will include the provision of a comprehensive, professional and cost effective drawing service on a wide variety of engineering projects to ensure successful delivery to Clients.
Responsibilities of the role
- Prepare quality and professional drawings on a wide range of Engineering projects and ensure that drawings are developed and produced accurately to industry standards.
- Prepare drawings within allocated resources and on time as advised by Design Engineers/Manager.
- Develop and carry out drawing check processes to ensure accurate interpretation of designer's requirements prior to issuing check prints to designers.
- Liaise with Clients and other outside parties as required.
- Assist senior staff in the development of the CAD section by promoting new ideas, advising on CAD add-ons and maintaining up to date in house systems.
- In conjunction with the CAD Manager develop systems with other CAD technicians to provide uniform methods of drawing storage and archiving.
- Must be attentive to maintaining accurate drawing updates prior to issuing to designer for checking.
- Responsible for maintaining a shared system with other CAD technicians to ensure adequate supplies of drawing production materials are available at all times.
- Assist as required on other tasks as requested by designers within Engineering Projects.
Skills and Experience required
- Computer literate particularly in the use of CAD facilities.
- Conversant with Autodesk products with project experience on Revit and 3D experience would be an advantage.
- HNC qualified in Mechanical Engineering or an appropriate Engineering profession desirable but not essential.
If you feel that you can demonstrate the necessary experience as detailed above and would like to work for an established FTSE 100 organisation on a hugely varied portfolio then I would like to hear from you.
Please apply on line or send your CV to Simon James on
- CAD and Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job