Are you looking for a new role as a CAD Engineer? An outstanding opportunity has arisen! Are you interested in joining a leading automotive company? If the answer is yes, this role is for you
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the Design, package and realisation of a variety of Electrical Components in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also requires some level of project engineering responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- CAD design and modelling of sealing system and glass in Siemens NX
- Management of created CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
- Preparation of detailed drawings to the company drafting standards may be required
- Work under the direction of lead project engineer/PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings for engineering release.
- Preparation of release documentation
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with automotive experience in component design.
- Experienced NX user.
- Previous experience of Teamcenter
- Knowledge of Exterior components, Glazing, Sealing systems - extrusions and moulding, plastic injection moulding components etc
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirement and lead times.
- Good knowledge of GD&T.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
- Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job