CAD Engineer, Yate, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Where you’ll be working
SSC is a successful, fast-paced multi-site manufacturing business with an ambitious growth strategy between now and 2025. As such, we are always looking for the right talent to join our fun and friendly team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If being Competitive, Successful, Trustworthy, Positive and Hardworking resonates with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working within a team of CAD Engineers and Designers as a CAD Engineer. You’ll be responsible for creating accurate 2D drawings using AutoCAD, leading on to sheet metal design work using 3D modelling software.
Here are a few key areas of responsibility:
• Supporting the Company production process from quotation through to production
• Production of drawing files and CAM programs for our tube laser using 3D CAD software
• Liaising directly with customers to ensure their requirements are met from drawing through to production
• Supporting the sales team with technical queries and drawing related issues
• Progressing orders through our internal MRP software from quotation to production
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know:
• How to read and interpret technical drawings
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Other CAD package knowledge would be advantageous
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Need to have:
• Engineering HNC/HND or equivalent experience beneficial
• 3D drawing experience beneficial
• At least one year’s experience of CAD software in manufacturing
• Proven experience of reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings
• Ability to work at speed without compromising accuracy & detail
Need to demonstrate:
We have a number of core competencies that we believe are fundamental to both individual and business success.
The following competencies will need to be demonstrated for success:
• Being knowledgeable - knowing your stuff, with an ongoing passion to learn and develop
• Results focused - getting the job done and delivering what was promised
• Effective Teamworker & Communicator - working effectively with others to achieve a common goal
• Great Organisational skills - great at managing priorities and workload
• Takes Responsibility - self-starter who works on own initiative and takes individual responsibility
• Effective and Innovative Problem Solver - Creatively solving problems or improving what we do
What’s on offer?
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday per annum (statutory bank holidays included), pension, personal development opportunities. Plus the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this CAD Engineer role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job