Role: CAD Engineer (Solid Works)
Rate: £34.65 per hour
Duration: Initial 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Must be able to gain BPSS (baseline) clearance
My client designs and manufactures specialist Aircrafts and are looking to recruit a CAD Engineer on an initial six month contract to support the engineering design leads in the development and detail design of all aspects of the company's current and future products
The CAD Engineer will take responsibility for providing a world class professional conceptual design service to the business.
The successful candidate will be accountable for developing design schemes utilising the SolidWorks CAD package for the company's air vehicle, sub-systems and structures from initial engineering concept through to detail drawings.
Educated to degree/HND level in a relevant engineering discipline and have a proven track record with at least three years design experience in an aerospace or automotive environment.
- Developing design schemes for the Aircrafts and any other special projects including all structural, mechanical systems and propulsion systems.
- Providing design schemes/operational concepts to support technical and business development presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Working to ensure that design work is completed in line with the requirements of the overall programme schedule.
- Interfacing with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure standardisation of parts wherever possible.
- Working to the Company's technical and administrative procedures.
- Ensuring that the design work conforms to the applicable legislative standards.
- Recent experience of working within an aerospace design team environment, producing design schemes, designs, detail drawings and other Production support information, selecting materials and/or bought out items, to challenging schedule and technical targets.
- Proven experience using SolidWorks 2015 or later versions, including managing large assemblies, to produce 3D CAD models and detail drawings. Will also consider competent CATIA users
- Experience in designing using composite materials.
- Experience in designing using sheet metal.
- Exposure to the design processes across the product lifecycle from concept through to design, production and testing.
- Knowledge in the design of components and assemblies utilising composite and metallic materials.
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis Engineering based in Bristol or click the apply below to send your CV and we'll contact you to discuss more.
- Solid works
- CAD Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job