Role: CAD Designer
Salary: Up to £34K DOE
Our client are specialists in Safety Engineering.
This role involves working within a small team to create and illustrate pre-and post-contract designs of stairs, ladders, walkways and other architectural metalwork. This will involve production of technical drawings for submission to the customer and fabrication drawings for manufacture.
- Interpret customer requirements to produce general arrangement drawings
- Liaise with the customer if required (clarification of drawings and requirements)
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound, bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials
- Manage projects through the design phase via client contact; liaising with the relevant Contract Manager appropriately
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised
- Liaise with sub-contractors and architects to comprehensively understand the project requirements
- Be commercially minded enough analyse and arrive at the most cost-effective solution
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
- Attendance of design meetings at site and client’s offices.
The successful candidate:
- 2D AutoCAD - Essential. 3D AutoCAD/Inventor - Advantageous but not essential.
- Proven Construction / Steel Fabrication background. Ideally in the steel fabrication / architectural metalwork industry.
- Experience of working to design standards.
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Use of in-house systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes.
- Good communicator telephone / email.
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and programme.
- 'Can do’ attitude who can well under pressure.
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve high level results
- Site surveying experience advantageous.
The position will suit an individual that enjoys team working, problem solving and technical drawing who is willing to work hard to produce first class results and gain invaluable experience working with industry leading clients on the most prestigious construction projects in the UK.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'