Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Swindon
My Client is a progressive and innovative company that specialises in the valuable re-use of plastics by recycling through advanced technology. They design and fit modular machines to chemically recycle plastic waste back into a valuable petroleum raw material, for use within the raw material stage of plastics production, waxes and fuels.
The role of CAD Designer is to undertake 3D design for the company's bespoke machines and associated facilities in order for the technology to be enhanced at multiple site level.
- 3D mechanical design of modules & facilities, with a focus on Design for Manufacture
- Module structure design
- Module integration
- Pipework Design to minimize thermal / operational stresses
- Drawings of individual bespoke components
- Plot plan for site installation / planning applications
- Support the manufacture, assembly, installation & commissioning of processes.
- P&ID Drafting
- Manage the company's drawings and work with operations to create a spares system
- Developing the company's know how needed to design and enhance company standard machine modules from information provided by the R&D function, manufacturing and operations teams.
Essential Person Specification
- Qualification & experience in 3D CAD design.
- Proficient working within a multi-functional team.
- Able to communicate effectively with operations, manufacturing and R&D teams.
- An ability to apply and process industry standards in all lines of work.
- Background in Oil & Gas refining, Waste Management or Furnaces/ Combustion Design.
- Strong organisational skills to monitor projects at any stage of product life cycle.
Desirable Person Specification
- Ability to use and teach others in the use of Solid Edge.
- Experience designing high temperature vessels/ processes.
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on or to make an application send a CV to .
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical CAD Designer, Mechanical Engineers and Stress Engineers
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- CAD design
- 3D design
- CAD designer
- CAD drawing
- 2D design
- CAD engineer
- recycling technology
- CAD CAm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job