CAD/CAM Design Engineer
Location: Staplehurst, Kent
Salary: £25K - £30K per Annum, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Due to continued growth and expansion Magnetic Shields are now currently recruiting for a CAD/CAM Design Engineer to join their expanding team based in Staplehurst, Kent.
Key Tasks/Duties of this role:
- Design of bespoke 3D models
- Creation of 2D production drawings
- Client/Sales team liaison to identify design requirements
- Specification and creation of associated BOM’s
- Flat pattern development of sheet metal enclosures
- Nesting and post processing
- Supporting Sales & Production teams in achieving targets and outputs
Responsibilities of this CAD/CAM Design Engineer role:
Within this role you will be responsible for the end to end process of creating customer driven design through to production ready outputs, with a strong focus on client satisfaction and the realisation of evolving customer requirements into manufacturing solutions.
- Experience of working with precision sheet metal products
- Experience of working in a CAD environment to create 3D models and 2D production drawings
- Experience of working with CAM software to produce machine programs
- Project management skills
- Experience with flat pattern development of sheet metal components
- A good understanding of engineering drawings
- The ability to produce complex assemblies to ensure fitment to tight tolerances
- Experience of working within a quality management standard (minimum to ISO 9001)
- Good communication skills, able to establish and maintain effective contact with customers on quality related correspondence.
- Strong organisational and decision making skills
- Proficient in IT skills and use of ERP systems
- Team player possessing good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to staff at all levels
- Experience of managing targets and achieving goals.
Desirable Skills - NOT Essential:
- Experience of Autodesk Inventor CAD software
- Experience of RADAN CAM software
- Experience of InventorCAM software
Company Overview - Magnetic Shields Limited:
Magnetic Shields are leading specialists in the manufacture of bespoke magnetic shielding. Established for over 50 years, our experience and expertise allow us to adapt to the changing market and provide high quality, complex shielding solutions for emerging applications. Based in Kent, England, our manufacturing facility is fully equipped with the latest technology to provide our customers with the highest level of service and quality. All of our manufacturing processes, including heat treatment, are processed between our two sites.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY", forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
- Design Engineer