Cabling Engineer - Heathrow
We are urgently seeking a Cabling Engineer for our client who are a Global IT Service Provider. This will be on a long term contract and based working in Heathrow Airport.
The role holder works with under general direction with substantial responsibility and autonomy for planning and delivering their work. Recognized as a knowledge leader, supporting less experienced staff, the role holder performs varied and complex technical and professional activities and investigations, along with taking an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
Typical Hours (M-F): Night Shift 8pm to 4am, on an occasional basis some works may be Day shift (8am - 4pm) Flexibility required
- Confined Space Training
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling / Ladder Safety
- First Aid
- Airside Driving (HAL)
- ESR1 (HAL)
- Heathrow Rail Fire Awareness (HAL)
- Airside Pass (DBS checks)
Additional Essential Skills required:
- - Cable installation - Copper & Fibre - Internal & External (incl Pit & Duct)
- - Copper terminating and testing
- - Fibre terminating and testing
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within Service Level Agreements, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium complexity infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. May act as a team manager as necessary.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Worried that you don't meet all the desired criteria exactly? Our client is passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'