We are looking for a Cable Team Leader to join our Rail Projects across the country. Reporting to the Resource Manager you will be responsible for the follow:
* Supervising and leading when working alongside jointing teams.
* Supervising and taking part in planned maintenance activities, coordinating end-to-end testing.
* Monitoring and recording events on callouts, logging times of fibre through splicing and reporting any issues that relate to SLA's.
* Be On Call on a 1 in 3 basis.
* Undertaking weekly inspections of the equipment and materials contained in the Callout vehicles against the asset checklist when On Call.
* Collating Test results, review and provide detailed reports of non-compliance, assisting with planning any remedial work to resolve non-compliance issues.
* Ensuring all completed planned maintenance record sheets are reviewed and presented to the telent infrastructure Access planner.
* Monitoring on site working hours and travel hours of Jointers during a failure and callout.
* Managing planned outages for planned works
* Producing COSS Briefing sheets for access when working on or near the line and on a fault
* Ensuring quality photos of fault are taken and sent back to the Incident manager before and after a fault is rectified
* Undertaking regular site inspections for maintenance records, correlation and survey work.
* Liaising with the Cables Network Manager & Logistics manager for stock levels and consumables
* Ensuring all tools and test equipment's are calibrated and booked out with the Logistics manager,
* Supporting other cabling projects across the business,
* Attending regular team briefs and toolbox talks giving feedback on completed maintenance or project progress.
* Working in a safe manner in full compliance with the approved activity Work Package Plans, ensuring own safety and that of others. You will report any hazards or unsafe working practices to line management for review and assessment.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
* Competent in using a OTDR.
* Competent in using a Splicer & Cleaver.
* Fibre faulting and analyzing.
* Fibre - Splicing, jointing and testing experience.
* Test result and traces reports as required.
* Knowledge of various fibre joint installations.
* ODF installations.
* Fibre Cable installation.
* Copper installation and testing experience.
* Railway / Trackside experience
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job