Job Title: Cable Jointer
Location: Various Depot Locations including; Swindon, Oxford, West London or Petersfield
Salary: Up to £31,960 depending on skills and experience + overtime + standby pay (OTE circa £50,000)
Permanent| Full Time Hours
What’s the job?
Our teams are growing and achieving great results. You could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop. As a Cable Jointer you’ll be involved in all aspects of work on our HV and LV Network; carrying out jointing and cabling work for supply restoration on a pre-planned and quick response basis. You’ll be working and building a career in a supportive team, with a strong sense of development and process improvement, and where your input counts.
What do you need from me?
So, now that we have your attention, what do we need from you?
- Relevant experience working in a similar role is essential
- Track record in construction, repair & operation of electrical plant & equipment up to 11kV
- Sound HV and LV electrical knowledge
- Full UK driving license
What’s in it for me?
Lots of good things. Here’s a few;
- Base salary up to £31,960
- Overtime, standby and call out pay
- Generous holiday allowance (with options to purchase up to ten days additional leave)
- Group Pension Plan
- Great share plans and share incentive schemes
- Substantial maternity and paternity leave provision
- Comprehensive and tailored development opportunities, with encouraged internal mobility
- One 'Be the Difference’ day allowing colleagues to take part in a paid voluntary action day of their choice
What about the company?
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks is responsible for keeping the lights on for its 3.1 million customers in central southern England. Through a variety of roles, we are at the front line on the network where most of our colleagues live and work. We take a pride in our role and serve our local communities. Whatever the weather, if a fault is detected on our network, our skilled teams will be there to safely restore the power to our customers. At SSEN, our number one priority is safety, so while we commit to providing the very best service to our customers, we will never compromise the safety of our colleagues.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
We are reviewing applications on an on-going basis; therefore, early application is advised.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job