Cabinet Office - Financial Analyst - Band B1 (£26,000 to £31,000 pa, dependent upon experience)
The Cabinet Office sits at the heart of the civil service coordinating government policy and promoting efficiency and reform. The department has a wide remit of responsibilities from supporting the Prime Minister to providing expert support to wider departments and agencies. The Finance Business Partnering team is at the heart of the decision making that occurs in the Cabinet Officer. This team are currently seeking a number of Band B1 Financial Analysts to join them, and I am proud to be supporting them in their search for these candidates.
As the Financial Analyst, you will support the Cabinet Office’s business areas on financial management and financial reporting. The role is business facing and will require the post holder to develop a detailed understanding of the objectives, financial transactions, budgets and plans of a range of high profile business areas. The role will require the holder to build strong relationships with local finance contacts and staff undertaking transactional processes for the Group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in providing accurate, useful and timely in year financial reports, including input into quarterly and other finance reviews.
- Assisting in the monthly forecasting process, to ensure accurate forecasts are provided throughout the year.
- Ensuring budget profiling is robust and evidence based and in year budget changes actioned.
- Providing high quality monitoring information and financial analysis, monitoring risks and opportunities, scrutinising forecasts, following up on corrective actions and agreed recommendations.
- Preparing period end journals and collating appropriate evidence to support journal entries. Audit trail.
- Maintaining a high-quality audit trail and financial evidence base, preparing papers to agreed deadlines and liaising as necessary with the National Audit Office and Internal Audit. Customer service.
- Developing and maintaining strong and constructive working relationships across finance and business units, balancing the need to provide a high quality and responsive service with a challenge function.
- Providing support in managing the annual business planning cycle including input into business planning templates.
- Supporting business areas in raising financial awareness and capability.
- Working closely with accounts payable and receivable to ensure that processes are seamless and efficient.
The Financial Analyst roles will suit enthusiastic, self-starters who will thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The successful candidates will gain an in-depth knowledge of financial planning and management and have lots of opportunity for both personal and professional development, in an innovative organisation at the heart of Government.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"