175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to 'broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as 'the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Thinking about joining Thomas Cook Airlines as Cabin Crew for summer 2019?
If you are interested in joining us, why not register your interest in working for us next summer on a seasonal fixed term contract. We will keep your details on file and when we open applications around October, we will send you an email so you will be one of the first to know we are accepting applications.
Cabin Crew are the face and personality of our business and so play a vital part in establishing how we’re seen by the millions of people Thomas Cook Airlines flies around the world every year.
You’ll have a high level of personal presentation, with excellent communication skills and boundless energy and enthusiasm. You’ll be flexible, attentive to customer needs, a great team player with a passion for sales and reaching targets, prepared to work hard, and of course you’ll have a great personality.
Our flights depart around the clock, seven days a week. For example, you could be required to check in for your flight at 3am one morning and then at 11pm the following evening.
In return for your hard work and dedication Thomas Cook Airlines offer the following package
• competitive salary
• an hourly flying allowance
• training course
• excellent sales commission on all goods sold on board
• discounted travel and last minute deals
• a stylish uniform
• car parking
Safety on board is your absolute priority and on joining, you'll benefit from one of the best training programmes in the industry and what’s more - you will be paid for the training period. The initial course, which is designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills required to enable you to deliver the highest standards of safety and customer care, lasts between four and five weeks and will normally be held at your home base.
The course demands a high level of commitment and you should keep your evenings free as homework forms an integral part of your training. With exams in all subjects throughout the course, be prepared to study hard!
Once you've passed your initial training, your first flight will be as an 'extra' crew member, assisting the working team on board before you become a full member of the cabin crew team yourself, and your performance will then be regularly assessed during the course of your employment with us.
Our minimum requirements
- 18 years or over.
- Must hold a valid EEA passport that allows you to travel freely without restriction
- Able to live and work in the UK without restriction
- Minimum height - 5’2", (157.5cm) Maximum height - 6’3" (190cm)- without shoes
- Physically fit to undertake flying duties
- Is without a medical condition that would be aggravated by flying
- Must fit into an aircraft jump seat harness without a seatbelt extension
- Visual acuity with or without correction of 6/9
- Confident swimmer, able to swim 25 metres unaided
- A minimum of 6 months customer service experience
- A verifiable five-year activity history for referencing purposes to obtain an aircrew ID, you will also be required to supply us with a valid Criminal Record Check (CRC).
- Fully flexible - we operate flights 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and you must be willing to work on any day of the year or at any time of day and be willing to accept roster changes at short notice
- Must live within 90 minutes travelling distance of your base and be prepared to make this journey every working day, at any time of the day
- Have no visible tattoos or piercings that cannot be covered discreetly (we do provide long sleeved blouses and shirts)
How to apply
Register your interest online for summer 2019 by clicking on 'apply for this job'.
This is an expression of interest application, you will be contacted via email when we open applications for summer 2019.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. As an internal colleague we are dedicated to ensuring you can fulfill your career aspirations, you’ll be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
If you require any support during the recruitment process, please contact your local HR/ Resourcing team and they will be happy to help.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'