A C#.Net / SQL developer is required to join my Client's Investment Systems team to help with the continued development and support of a suite of C# applications used by consultants within the global Investment business of my client.
They are an innovative and diverse team of around 25 developers responsible for identifying, building and delivering systems that drive efficiency, manage risk and help deliver solutions to external clients.
They employ the Agile methodology, working flexibly and pragmatically to adapt solutions to business constraints while continuously seeking to improve quality and increase our productivity.
Their systems are developed in .NET and MS SQL Server, with every member of the team having a full MSDN subscription and ReSharper licence as well as access to Pluralsight and a team budget for other tools and resources.
As a software developer you will:
- Contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, coding, testing, release, ongoing maintenance and support
- Resolve technical problems arising during the development lifecycle and after release
- Provide professional and responsive frontline support to users, answering questions, troubleshooting, controlling access, responding to requests for changes and providing training where needed
- Actively contribute to the success of the team by sharing knowledge and ideas, striving to improve quality and efficiency and championing best practices such as code maintainability and adherence to design patterns and coding standards
- Contribute to a strong culture of teamwork through collaboration with fellow developers, business analysts and end users
- Manage priorities and time effectively across multiple projects
- Take ownership of solutions for their full lifecycle
- Professional software development experience
- Experience in C#.Net using MS Visual Studio, and MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with all stages of the software life cycle from requirements gathering through to user support
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles
- Well-developed investigative, problem-solving and analytical skills along with resourcefulness
- Very good attention to technical detail with an eye for good UI design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering according to agreed timescales
- UI development experience in WPF/XAML using the MVVM pattern
- Practical experience of test driven development
- Work experience in the financial services sector
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job