Joining the Retail Websites team in Thornaby-on-Tees, as a C# / SQL Developer you will bring your experience of designing,building,testing and maintaining complex data management systems to a rapidly growing part of our travel business.
The TUI retail websites include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, nhs.tui.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies to move the business forward.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
This role offers flexible working arrangements and the successful candidate would be expected to come into the Stockton Office 1/2 times a fortnight. Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 31st October.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the key data systems within the OTA business are well maintained, optimized for high performance throughput, and structured to enable easy analysis.
- These systems are hosted on Amazons AWS, you will assist in the daily maintenance and monitoring of these systems ensuring that all our environments from development through to production are optimised to ensure reliability, scalability, and performance.
- You will be involved in the design and implementation of our data service solutions developed in C#, SQL and NoSQL databases. Integrate with external APIs to process data from 3rd parties. Liaise with our Infrastructure Team to ensure applications & databases are deployed in line with existing processes.
- You will investigate issues identified across both areas and be responsible for their resolution. You will liaise with stakeholders to gather requirements for new functionality and use your initiative to build solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Proficient in a server-side programming language such as C#
- Experience of RDMS, such as MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience of RESTful API integration
- Able to design, build, test and maintain data management systems
- MS SQL Database Administration
- Experience of Solr, Splunk and Big Query
- Experience building ETLs using SQL Server and SSIS
- Experience scripting in Bash and Powershell
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
?We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.? If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'