As a successful candidate you will be working as part of an Agile team to deliver solutions to user stories and requirements in an agile environment. The role is a challenging and dynamic one, with key deadlines to be hit. The role will require learning new skills and bringing a focused attitude to the tasks.
You will be involved in varied technical solutions, ranging from C and C++ through to the latest .NET technologies using C#. These applications form part of an integrated suite, based around a core SQL database.
- Translating technical requirements into application code and modules.
- Making modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and industry standards.
- Developing and integrating software solutions per written specifications. May also be responsible for writing detailed design specifications
- Developing software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
- Participating in reviews of own work and in reviews of the work of colleagues.
- Unit testing of modules they have developed or modified, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Windows application software engineering / programming skills with balance of .Net and legacy windows forms work.
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of WPF beneficial
- Some knowledge of C#
- Good experience of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Good experience of developing with relational databases, preferably SQL Server 2005 and above. Should have good transact-SQL plus experience of using stored procedure and database functions.
- Experience of formal software development lifecycle
- Producing accurate estimates for assigned tasks
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job