C# Software Developer
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships.
Position: C# Developer
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours Mon-Fri
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday plus buy / sell policy of up to 5 days, BUPA – Private medical insurance, Sponsored car schemes, 5% pension scheme, Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies), Death in service insurance
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a C# Developer – C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WPF to work for the UK’s leading provider of bespoke car solutions.
Are you a passionate software developer looking to start your career in a friendly working environment? Want to join a company that is expanding its workforce and willing to invest in their development? If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Challenge Ahead:
You will be responsible for designing, developing and supporting internal and customer facing systems and web applications. Working with the latest technologies you’ll have the opportunities to grow further.
- Review current systems to gain not only a technical understanding but also how this system is used and integrated within the business.
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by reading manuals, using video tutorials and hands-on training.
- Document software and systems functionality.
- Understand the CBS database infrastructure.
- Have a good knowledge of the CBS network and server infrastructure as well as deploy software components to the various servers and environments.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements and challenging existing technologies and methodologies where appropriate and identify any potential cost or time saving.
- Working closely with Business Analysts to understand and analyse user requirements and identify any potential issues, impacts, risks etc.
- Produce technical specifications where appropriate.
- Write well designed, efficient code using the CBS coding standards.
- Work within and contribute effectively to the Agile framework / methodology implemented and used by CBS.
- Developing both the bespoke internal windows application and client facing websites.
- Integrate distinct software components into a fully functional software system.
- Comply with project plans, business goals and industry standards.
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure any material created that is publicly viewable meets with the marketing team’s requirements and strategy.
- Cross technical boundaries that are out of any comfort zone – for example working on web development if primarily a windows developer.
- Design and develop user friendly and intuitive screens for applications.
- Maintain code within GIT Source Control and understand branching, GitFlow etc.
- Undertake priority support on major system issues and fixes when required.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Undertaking R&D and Investigating new technologies.
- Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment.
- In depth knowledge of C#.
- Working knowledge of web services.
- .NET Framework.
- Working knowledge of web services.
- In depth experience of Linq queries.
- Experience of Windows Forms / WPF / XAML.
- Experience of ASP.Net / ASP.Net Core.
- MVVM / MVC Frameworks.
- Unit Testing / Mocking Frameworks.
- Git / GitFlow.
- SQL knowledge.
- Angular / AngularJS & Bootstrap.
- Task Runners (i.e. Gulp).
- Agile / Scrum.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'