C++ Software Developer
A software house that develops geospatial software solutions to solve scientific, engineering and medical problems. The team creates software technologies for clients’ real world problems. The solutions can handle complex data rich information and are simple to use.
The flagship product automatically converts point cloud data into CAD vector models and is the only software that can generate separate surfaces. These can be separately selected, edited and exported by the user.
You will be part of an agile development team, building and working on commercial software systems. The role covers all areas of development from design through coding to testing and release.
Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, the Software Developer will:
- work in an agile team to develop, test and maintain desktop-based applications built in Microsoft Visual Studio using C++
- prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the software
- participate in peer reviews of solution designs and code
- package and support the deployment of releases
- analyse and resolve technical and application problems
- follow high quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget
- provide third level support to business users
A good working knowledge of C++ and the use of the standard template library are required. Any exposure to 3D graphics development (eg Direct3D or OpenGL) will be beneficial, as will a degree in Computer Science or other numerate subject.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and stable company with ambitious growth plans. A competitive basic salary is available dependent on experience.
- 3D graphics