The role is for a senior software engineer with full stack experience of developing web services and cloud applications primarily in .NET and Microsoft technologies. The role also requires a flexible approach in developing parts of wider eco system, some of which contains legacy code. You will be willing and able to switch context easily based on the needs of the business. You will be working as part of an Agile team, which includes QA members and business analysts. The role will require learning new skills and bringing a focused attitude to task completion. You will need to develop solutions in collaboration with the team and other senior engineers in the wider engineering team. The focus for this role is the extension of existing solutions and making them available in a cloud environment
- Work on agreed tasks in 2 week sprints
- Making modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and industry standards.
- Working on User Stories and developing solutions that meet acceptance criteria.
- Developing software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
- Participating in reviews of own work and in reviews of the work of colleagues.
- Follow agreed best practices when developing solutions.
- Unit testing of modules they have developed or modified, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- Collaborating with other senior software engineers to agree technical direction.
- Mentor more junior members of staff to guide them in following a technical direction.
- Producing accurate estimates for assigned tasks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job