C# .NET Software Developer (Reigate)
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. The client design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. The unique perspective allows them to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Join the team developing the world’s leading risk management software suite.
The industry is currently experiencing unprecedented innovation thanks to recent advances in big-data analytics, distributed super-computing and real-time cloud services, and they are striving at the forefront of this revolution with its Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) business.
Now is therefore the perfect opportunity to become part of ICT and join a global and growing organisation headquartered in Reigate, a young and vibrant town within easy reach of London. They are developing world-class leading-edge risk analytics solutions and financial modelling software which already enables over 1,000 major insurance clients worldwide as well as many of the largest financial services companies. We are now also increasingly serving as a risk specialist across a variety of industries, helping their diverse client base to measure value, manage risk and safeguard solvency.
To support their growth, they are looking for C# .NET Software Developers/Software Engineers to join the Agile teams in Reigate working on a variety of market-leading products.
As a Software Developer, you will work as part of a close-knit development team following Scrum methodologies to create new product features and enhance existing code, whilst ensuring the product continues to meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance. This is an evolving role that will cover a wide range of tasks such as:
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Working with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Mid-Senior level software development, ideally using C# .NET, or similar (Java, Python, C++)
- Industry experience with full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools,
- High numeracy skills, degree-educated with a 1 st or at least 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science.
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures which are also easy to test, debug and maintain
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (or other version control systems)
- NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks)
- GUI design/implementation or knowledge of standards, WPF or WinForms
- Cloud Technologies (Azure)
- SQL Server (or other SQL databases)
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job