Our client is a world leader in their sector of the food industry and a leading supplier of added value brands and retailer branded products to the UK markets.
They are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a global food business. They are currently looking for a C.I. Manager to join a factory based management team in Lincolnshire.
The main objective of the role is to drive Continuous Improvement, (C.I.), and process optimisation, through implementation of innovations and measures to improve the performance of all operational areas and to engage all personnel in a culture of C.I.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Lead the execution of the Business Improvement plans for manufacturing
- Ensure that cross functional teams are engaged to focus on the specific priority areas and are supported with the appropriate tools.
- Deliver training as specified by Manufacturing Unit training plan to build capability across all functions.
- Provide coaching and hands on support for the use of foundation elements of a C.I. toolkit, build practical experience and ongoing capability.
- Engage key stakeholders embed a continuous improvement culture.
- Draw on best practice from the division to inform manufacturing unit application of tools and solutions.
- Review and analyse KPI scorecard performance for the Manufacturing Unit teams to ensure data integrity, generate insight and action improvement plans which develop current performance.
- Identify resource requirements and work with Senior Leaders to build appropriate teams to deliver agreed programmes of work.
The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills coupled with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels. They will be able to work through detail and quickly acquire a comprehensive understanding of the business and its manufacturing processes with a good knowledge of CI tools and techniques. The following skills and experiences are also highly desirable:
- Project management skills
- Qualification in CI / Lean Manufacturing - ideally lean six sigma "Green Belt" certified or training towards.
- Proven track record of leading changes and delivering results as a Lean sigma practitioner either as an external or internal consultant.
- Previous manufacturing experience in a recognised world class / lean enterprise.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of managing people within a Food or FMCG environment
- PC literacy - use of standard MS office suite.
- Ability to deliver behavioural training and coaching
- Experience of facilitating group problem solving sessions.
- Man Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job