- Ref: DEVH2
- Base location: Hursley
- Salary: Up to £52,000 plus benefits
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Travel: flexibility to travel across the UK up to 5 days a week (travel allowance and travel expenses paid)
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business, built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Since opening our first UK office in Leicester in Spring 2015, we’ve significantly grown. We currently have five UK centres, with offices in Hursley, Leicester, Thames Valley (Swindon), and the North (Preston & Newcastle), along with a group specialising in Microsoft applications. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network.
Our Hursley site is based on a historic 100 acre IBM campus with additional facilities open to all employees such as on-site gym, sporting fields and a club house. The site also hosts an IBM Museum showing the history of IBM technologies and products, including the first typewriter with changeable font and IBM’s precursor to the iPad from 2001!
You will work on various projects with exciting industry leading clients, working towards customer specifications. Your role will involve:
- Working in agile teams to deliver software solutions, to world leading clients across the UK, in a number of different industries.
- Front End and Back-End software development, working on various applications.
- Software testing both manual and automated.
- Developing your client interaction skills, to become a competent IT consultant.
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre UK is an excellent place to take this step.
The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion - to make a difference
- Collaboration - because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration - openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness - it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
The following technical skills are important:
- Proven track record in designing, developing and maintaining complex applications in C++.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding in database design, queries and SQL.
- Confidence in using object oriented programming languages and tools to deliver a range of solutions for both front and back end of enterprise, mobile and web based applications.
- Ensure software is fit for purpose through knowledge and/or experience in software testing.
- Demonstrate previous knowledge and/or experience working in an Agile environment.
We are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order to be eligible for this role, all applicants must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years. If you do not fit the criteria for this role, please review our other opportunities at uk.ciceurope.com. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"