Urgent Contract Developers
East Midlands based
We are looking for developers to join our growing team and play a crucial role in helping to drive forward in a fast-moving retail environment. From high-level concepts and designs through to technically efficient code, you’ll be involved every step of the way.
As a Developer / Senior Developer, you’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
About the Role
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned always on the project aims and deliverables
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate
- SDLC. Software Development Lifecycle
- A proven track record of feature level design, development and testing of architecturally robust and scalable technical solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement whilst identifying risks and change impact
Essential Technical Skills
- Microsoft C# / .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- XML / XMLT
- HMTL/ CSS/ Jquery/ MVC
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job