C# Software Developer
Our Central Government client are looking for a C# Software Developer to be part of a development team working to deliver the user interface for our suite of enhanced tools to be able to manage our data more effectively. Reporting into the Development Manager, the developer will work to short timescales against an emerging set of requirements. The development approach will be iterative, with additional complexity built upon an initial framework.
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as C# developer within the team to help tackle both minor and major projects.
- Follow a fast, iterative development approach.
- Work collaboratively as part of the broader development team, sharing ideas and experience wherever possible.
Qualification and Experience required:
- C# developer with 3+ years of proven experience of working with c# and .net in a professional environment (E).
- Good experience with both Windows and Linux based systems and associated tools (E).
- Oracle database experience (D).
- Experience of developing with WCF and C# .net 4.0 (E).
- Familiarity with common development best practises (eg. TDD, Agile, Scrum) (D).
- 2+ years industry experience of software development in a rapid delivery environment (E)
- 4+ years industry experience of developing scalable, enterprise- wide business systems (E)
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite, crucible, JIRA and BAMBOO (D)
- Use of unit tests (E)
- Experience of developing in Java (D)
- Knowledge of messaging queues notably JMS and AMQP (D)
- Experience of design with Enterprise Architect (D)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases, preferably Hadoop (D)
- MCPD qualified (D)
Skills, knowledge and Personal Attributes:
- Strong and broad knowledge of internet technologies (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work within rapid turnaround development environments (E)
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure (E)
- Team player (E)
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job