This isn’t just choosing what to stock. This is picking a great career.
Our Buyers play a key role in influencing every aspect of the range of goods that we offer to our customers: from which products we sell, to the way they look and taste, developing our supply base and continuing to drive our market-leading position.
The Buying Graduate Management Programme will take you through an intense, challenging but incredibly rewarding two years of structured development. You will experience everything from working in our stores, negotiating products and contracts and developing exciting product ranges, all on an international scale. This role offers the long-term scope to become a permanent Assistant Buying Manager with opportunities for further long-term progression.
Our Junior Buyers thrive in our fast moving, highly pressured environment where everyone has a voice, and we want to hear yours! This role is about having a passion for food retail and the desire to become an expert in your field. We look for individuals who are self-motivated, intuitive with a desire of going above and beyond their expectations. Our nearly 1000 Stores depend on you when choosing the right products for our customers
If you are someone who stands out from the crowd and who wants to make an impact and take ownership, then come and join our successful Graduate Buying Programme! We look forward to seeing your application.
Closing date for Applications: 17th December 2023
What you'll do
- Be comfortable making multi-million pound decisions & negotiate the best possible commercial terms for the business - our success is down to you
- Own your categories and you are responsible you are our product development and our chief taster to the sign off of packaging design
- Manage the critical path from product concept to launch into our depots ensuring the stock arrives on time and full availability in store
- Demonstrate an ability to challenge the status quo and always bringing your own ideas
- Be confident building and maintaining new and existing relationships with suppliers
- Use your sharp analytical skills along with the ability to identify trends, forecast sales and analyse data to support commercial decisions but don’t be afraid to go with your gut feeling
- Drive to succeed and deliver outstanding results
- Constantly striving to improve our customer offer. Getting better never stops.
- Work as part of a team but equally happy when working independently on your categories
- Experience working in a fast paced, challenging environment and develop yourself in a highly demanding and dynamic workplace
- Spinning lots of plates at any one time –striving under pressure & multi-tasking is your thing!
What you'll need
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2024 or graduated no earlier than September 2022
- Possession of a full UK driving licence by 1st March 2024
- Already live, or happy to relocate within a one-hour commute of our Head Office
- To be legally entitled to work in the UK on a full-time basis
- German language skills desirable but not essential
- Be passionate about the food retail industry and a love for all things discount retailer
- Strong Commerical Acumen and an Initiative-taker with entrepreneurial spirit
- Work well under pressure to tight and often conflicting deadlines
- Pragmatic, logical, resilient and quick thinking are all the words people would use to describe you!
- A positive mental attitude at all times even in stressful situations
- Be assertive and confident
- Able to attend the assessment day either on 21st or 22nd of February 2024
What you'll receiveThis isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £38,000 with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. We also recognise that different people value different benefits, based on different lifestyles and needs, which is why we offer arrange of additional benefits including but
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'