We currently have a number of new opportunities for Buying Assistants (Various Categories) to join our growing team here at Homebase Bunnings. These are perfect opportunities for bright, enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our business at a time of significant investment and growth with real opportunities for personal development and career progression.
Every time we select products to sell to our customers - no matter how small the item - we’re making a decision that could have a big implication for the rest of the business. Working closely with our Buyers, you will provide support across specific categories, assisting the day to day development of strategies. Your job will be to support develop, source and deliver a balanced mix of products, whilst providing insight to their price, value and customer proposition.
- Follow up and preparation for the maintenance of new lines / alterations to price files
- Providing preparation material for product reviews and supplier submissions
- Maintain bay layout guides and store / refit packs
- Provide assistance for store and suppliers in liaison with Buyers
- Provide follow up for the prompt processing of advertising material
- Ensure communication levels are maintained across all levels
- Conduct all tasks and activities in accordance with all applicable laws including Trade Practices Laws.
If you have any previous experience within a merchandising or buying environment then this would be ideal however we would welcome applications from strong, competent graduates with a real desire to grow a successful career within Retail. Strong communication, negotiation. Attention to detail and Microsoft Office (predominantly Excel) skills are essential.