My client based in Peterborough is willing to support and develop you within this role and develop new talent...
Job Description :- Buying assistant
Hours:- 37.5 hours Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm (flexible working from home/in office can be granted once trained)
Duration:- 12 month fixed term to Permanent
Salary:- £18,000 to £21,000 depending on experience
Job Role: To fully support all day-to-day activities of the Buyer/Junior Buyer/Assistant Buyer in the elements listed below
- To act as a key line of communication with all relevant departments and suppliers, liaising upon day-to-day issues, products and marketing information
- Develop a thorough knowledge of both markets, product ranges and the competitive environment including pricing information
- To set up new suppliers and products on the system and maintain all product/order related information in a timely manner
- To set up all product information on the systems
- To provide effective communication within the Buying and Merchandise teams and with other teams as appropriate, e.g. Quality Control, Warehouse and Production
- To assist in resolving all issues with both internal departments and external suppliers as necessary and required by the Buyer and in some instances the Assistant Buyer
- To prepare, distribute and check all internal and external documents ensuring that specifications, terms and conditions, contracts and return forms in particular are completed accurately by suppliers
- Bringing all amendments/deviations to the attention of the Buyer/Merchandiser
- Develop and maintain appropriate systems (reports/files/spreadsheets) for the effective running and performance of the area
- To work closely with the Buyer/Assistant Buyer or independently on supplier and other ad-hoc initiatives accurately producing appropriate paperwork
- Provide requested product information and analysis as requested by the Assistant Buyer and Buyer
- To be responsible for all sample coordination ensuring all appropriate procedures are followed
- IT/Microsoft office skills
- Good level of numerical/literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Multi tasker with an analytical mind and able to problem solve
- Customer service skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated, Driven and able to work under pressure
If this sound like you then apply here...
- ADMIN, CUSTOMER SERVICE, BUYING. procurement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'