Working for this growing Imports business who have a fantastic reputation in the market place and even have famous names working with their branded goods. You will be based in Manchester and the main purpose of your role will be to provide full administration support to the Buying Team; whilst ensuring costing sheets are completed, range plans updated, licence product is fully approved by Licensor & company samples are orders and tracked in the correct time frame. Once training is complete you will quickly become involved in more hands-on buying
You need to be able to turnaround information quickly as well as provide data and documentation and have the ability to be a good team player with excellent customer service skills. You will be in daily contact with Overseas Suppliers on a daily basis, it is the Buying Teams full responsibility to ensure on-time shipment of the purchase order. Your role will involve:
- To raise and issue approved Purchase Orders to vendors, monitor factory production to ensure the customers production flow is accurate to achieve on time delivery.
- Receive Purchase requests through the companies ERP system and action where necessary.
- Maintain a clear and 100% accurate Purchase Order, Production & Shipping Schedule on the company's ERP system. To include: dates, margin, quantity & price.
- Ensure PO deposit requests are submit to the accounts team in the correct manor to avoid non-payment of deposits.
- Ensure correct PO/PI's are saved to the companies ERP system in the correct manor.
- Be fully aware of the customers delivery schedule to effect timely deliveries and prioritize availability to the customer when required.
- Chase through all relevant shipment authorisation forms from the supply base for domestic stock sign off by the merchandise team.
- Manage and fully understand the company's Critical Path/Tracker. Ensure all sections are up-to date at all times for PI status, shipment dates, deposit status, red seal status, design brief status.
- Organise and hold weekly critical path meetings with in-house departments.
- Manage and fully understand the customers/companies sample process (including but not limited to: development samples, pre-production samples, production samples, keeping the sample log updated).
To apply you must have either Buying Assistant or Assistant Buying experience within imports, ideally with Far East experience as well as products experience. You will also have a good knowledge of Excel, knowledge of supply chain procedures with exellent communication skills.
The company offer free parking, 23 days holiday (increase every year of service), extra holidays over christmas, discount on products flexible hours with an early finish on a Friday.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'