LANCASHIRE - COMMUTABLE FROM CHORLEY, BURY, PRESTON, ETC
£17,000 - £21,000
This is a great opportunity for a Buying Graduate or a candidate with some relevant work experience to join a rapidly expanding business that can offer the support to progress your buying career.
Our Client, a well established online retailer, now has an excellent opportunity for a Buying Assistant Administrator to join their buying team in Lancashire. This role will offer great career progression for the successful candidates.
In this role you will be assisting the buying team in the performance of their duties, including placing of orders and progressing the orders in line with expected delivery dates, having regular contact with Chinese suppliers, updating critical paths and liaising with other internal departments where necessary.
- Creation of new SKU numbers, & barcodes, creating POs on internal systems, and checking invoices and packing lists.
- Setting up and managing supplier and product folders, internal database and general administration required for the buyer.
- Assist the Buyer to ensure Marketing are correctly briefed re new items and that content is accurate.
- Assist with Proof Reading Copy, Product Descriptions and instruction manuals.
- Help arrange branded samples for photography as required.
- Help arrange packaging die cuts etc. as needed for branded packaging and send finished designs to suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers re packaging, gift box and shipping master carton requirements.
- Assist with QA department to ensure that quality is always maintained through good manufacturing practices, safety and legislative compliance is exceeded at all times. This will involve arranging sample checks, pre-shipment inspections and ensuring suppliers adhere to their guidelines and signed contracts.
- Pursue, interpret and follow up on test results from quality control Inspectors as required.
- University degree level or equivalent.
- Strong administrative, communication and computer skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Ability to question and make observations.
- Ability to build rapport and relationship with suppliers and colleagues.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Critical path workflow skills and management are vital.
- Committed to seasonal overtime when needed.
In return our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress in a thriving business.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants on quoting reference number: NJR7466
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job