The Ocado General Merchandise (GM) business is expanding rapidly, growing ranges at phenomenal speed and launching several new specialist websites, enabling us to offer our customers the ultimate one stop shop. We are looking for an individual who will thrive and develop themselves in this fast moving and ever evolving environment.
To ensure Ocado has the right range of products for our customers at competitive retail prices and at the right gross margin (profitability), securing the maximum amount of funding from our suppliers to support the range. In this role you will work closely with the Junior Buyer, Buying Manager and Senior Buying Manager to provide administrative support with existing ranges and the launch of new products.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Populating and updating internal systems and Excel spread sheets and Google Docs such as Range Management and Promotional systems
- Providing support to both the immediate Buying Team as well as other internal functions in the wider Non Food team.
- Liaising with Non Food suppliers to ensure consistency and accuracy of information and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Timely uploading of product information onto various Ocado internal systems, ensuring they are updated accurately. Systems include RMS, Supplier Funding Management System, 5One, Master Sales, Connect, PIC, Promotional System and KPI reports
- Ensure supplier trade plans agreed by the JBs and BMs are checked for accuracy and implemented on time. Input data into Media Manager and ensure suppliers are invoiced for any monies agreed.
- Management of promotional input onto internal Ocado systems including checking, amending, terminating and reviewing internal reports to ensure accuracy and that deadlines are met
- Ad Hoc analysis of Sales data, promotional data etc.
- Attending ad hoc supplier meetings when required with the Buying Manager and Junior Buyer to enable better support for new line launches and new supplier introductions
- Liaising with Demand Managers to ensure supplier information is communicated effectively
- Providing general administrative cover as required to the wider Non Food team in cases of absence/holiday
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven administrative experience, with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring information is accurate
- Strong PC skills, with particular strengths in MS Office, especially Word and Excel to intermediate level
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise and organise effectively
- Proven experience of working to deadlines, in a high pressure environment
- Experience of working in a team environment, with willingness to get involved when needed in tasks outside of your normal remit
- Commercial acumen - basic understanding of KPI deliverables
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job