ROLE - ASSISTANT BUYER
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Buyer to join a leading firm based in Segensworth who specialise in Mechanical Services.
This is a great role for a Buyer seeking to gain further progression, broad project experience and future promotions.
As a member of a busy Procurement team you will play a key part in ensuring that all projects and operational sites have the necessary materials at the right time and at the best value.
You will be dealing with the full range of mechanical and electrical materials for all projects, ranging in value from £1 to £10,000. You will also work closely with Design, Project Management, Accounts departments and will also be in regular contact with Site teams.
- Contribute to forward planning of material requirements
- Contribute to negotiations with suppliers to obtain best value over extended periods
- Maintain productive win - win relationships with suppliers
- Place orders with suppliers
- Monitor the delivery of materials, identify and resolve problems to ensure timely delivery
- Liaise with Accounts team to resolve any queries with invoices
- Use Enterprise software effectively, along with MS Office software
- Maintain personal knowledge and ensure other members of the team are kept up to date with product development, pricing, availability and alternatives
- Contribute to meetings with colleagues, contractors and customers
Ideally successful candidates will have the following experience
- Experience in procurement in a mechanical or electrical setting, with good knowledge of relevant materials.
- A good team player, also capable of working autonomously
- MS Office literate
- Good general standard of education
- Experience using Luckins will be advantageous
Send your CV now for immediate response!!
Salary Circa £26,000-28,000 + benefits
LOCATION: SegensworthWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.