Buyer - EMEA
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 3NR
Salary: £35K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Prince Minerals and we are recruiting.
We are a significant global player in the Commodities and Materials processing industry, we are expanding our purchasing team in the UK and are now recruiting for a Buyer.
Reporting into the Purchasing Supervisor - EMEA the successful candidate will manage a range of Suppliers and Commodity types covering multiple countries within EMEA across a range of MRP systems.
With a strong background in Purchasing, a proactive approach will be required in order to make an impact within Cost, Delivery and Processes in a challenging environment.
Role specific training including the possibility of qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Chain are available to the successful candidate.
As our Buyer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure raw materials are purchased at the most competitive price, delivered on time for production and at the expected quality.
- Ensure all MRP generated requisitions are actioned in a timely manner to ensure selected suppliers can deliver on-time to meet the production program.
- Management of non-stock purchasing as required.
- Control of Change ensure Supply Transitions easily between old and new suppliers or specifications with limited stocks and lean supply chain.
- Work on Supplier projects and be aware of Prince leverage within different Supply Groups. Lead Supplier reviews at local level.
- Contractual Negotiation as required. Self- start RFP process and work ahead of contract renewal
- Use Supply Chain methods to reduce Cost of Capital eg. Consignment Stock
- Lead cost reduction activities across various sites / regions
- Order placement
- Cost reporting on a weekly / monthly basis
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Working knowledge of basic manufacturing processes.
- Be aware of Best Practice and involve Stakeholders at appropriate points.
- Proactive attitude towards risk minimisation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Thorough understanding of financial impact of decisions.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems and Supply Chain
The health and safety of our staff is our top priority here at Prince. With this in mind we have implemented the very latest government guidance with regards to COVID-19 and the transfer of the virus in order to keep our staff safe.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'