Our client has a requirement for a Buyer to join their team. Ideally you will have a technical background, understanding manufacturing processes and experience in an engineering company. Some experience with MRP and ERP systems is advantageous.
You will assist the Procurement Manager in the management of the supplier base.
Building long-term relationships with high quality suppliers, ensuring they comply with the Company’s
approval standards. Ensuring the procurement function within the Company is operating
efficiently and effectively.
The main duties of the role are:
- Establish and maintain purchasing policies and procedures
- Raising of purchase orders
- Management of Contracts
- Initiate purchasing projects
- Negotiation of best price, delivery and service for purchased requirements
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Technical background (Advantageous - but not essential)
- Good communication skills
- A "can do" attitude and willing to learn.
- Team player.
- Good Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Word and Emails
- Negotiation skills
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'