Buyer - Permanent -Manufacturing - Gillingham (Kent) - £27,000 (DOE)
ARM are looking for a Buyer to join one of our key clients who offer full and rewarding careers, competitive benefits and great opportunities in a supportive and dynamic environment.
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing established production parts, vendor monitoring and cost reduction within standard costs and departmental budget.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation and cost breakdown
- Experience of working in Purchasing or Procurement function
- Knowledge of production components sourcing
- Experience of using an MRP system
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to undertake CIPS qualification
What you’ll be doing:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on Procurement processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Negotiate contracts, reduce costs and maximise terms of business with suppliers, and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'