Our client are a forward thinking business who have had tremendous growth over the last three years. They have recently won some major new blue chip clients and now need experienced Buyers with a high level of transactional knowledge to join their team.
Buyers £23K - £30K per annum (DOE.)
The role will involve a series of daily tasks which will cover stock and non-stock items to be sourced, obtain quotes for new items and amend PIR's (Purchase Information Records). The role will be targeted around sourcing products from our preferred list of vendors, although as part of the quotation process you may need to approach other vendors to get the best price.
You will need to be a self-starter and be able to use your own initiative to help source new products, using various knowledge databases, colleagues, strategic procurement team members and the occasional use of the internet.
The role requires the successful candidate to think on their feet.
- Daily sourcing of various items such MRO, PPE, Motor's, Engineering equipment and more
- Sourcing products from new and existing suppliers and using various tools to aid in this procedure
- Sending RFQ's (Requests for quotes) and RFI's (Request for information)
- Cross functional team working
- Dealing with price variances, lead time issues, plant stoppers (urgent item) and urgent items
- Use of SAP and other interfaces designed for the company
- Work to various targets
- Communicate with the clients, suppliers and engineers on a daily basis
- You will participate in tender processes for both existing and prospective clients
- A good background in buying, possibly at a junior buyer or assistant buyer
- Use Of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP
- Good team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated individual work in a high volume turnaround business
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Quick learner
- Able to use initiative when sourcing products
- Good customer service is paramount
Hours of work:
08.00 to 17.00, with 1 hour for lunch Mon to Fri
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn't quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Adam Salkie for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'