Buyer (Salford Quays) 12 Month FTC
Our Client is looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Buyer based at their head office in Salford Quays. As a buyer you will be expected to procure all goods, services and subcontractor activity in line with company, client policies and procedures. This role is for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
You will report directly to the Head of Procurement and the responsibilities will include:
• Ability to identify and promote programme level opportunities with a view to develop, implement and manage Regional/National Framework Agreements for supply only items
• Ability to bring about and influence business change
• Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives and deliver to agreed plans
• Management of the supply chain performance
• Prepare, develop and monitor Project and Regional level Procurement Plans
• Maintain and enhance IFS database and other software and processes
• Take part in internal and external audits where required
• Gain knowledge of IFS and work towards becoming the Procurement owner and champion for the system.
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups/training, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• Commercially astute
• Networking and business influence
• To always carry out your Purchasing duties in-line with the CIPS Ethical Policy
• Microsoft suite of products proven track record
• Develop and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholders
• That you demonstrate and champion the core values and behaviours of the company.
• Previous managerial experience or willing to work towards
• Construction/Utilities Technical Qualification
• Experience in a Procurement role within the Construction/Utilities
• QS/Commercial degree
• MCIPS or willing to work towards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'