Full time / Permanent
£18-25,000 depending on experience
Our client based in Thetford, Norfolk is seeking a Buyer to provide category management and support within the Purchasing function of the Supply Chain team. To help determine the requirements and optimum stock levels against the business demand via an effective purchasing strategy, as agreed with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Supporting the Supply Chain Manager in delivering an effective procurement strategy;
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers;
- Placing orders with suppliers;
- Liaising with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the availability and timeliness of materials for production across the site;
- Being an active participant in the Supply Chain team to continually drive process and procedural improvements in the daily work;
- Monitoring order prices against standard with an objective to save money.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally with a purchasing background;
- Computer literate, ideally including a good understanding of Excel;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the business, both in person and via email;
- Have strong attention to detail;
- Work well under pressure with the ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Able to work independently, and make reasonable decisions within the boundaries of the role;
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please contact Daniel Walker on . Or alternatively, apply via the link below.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'