£35,000-£45,000 per annum
Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for a buyer in Derby.
To ensure that direct materials, goods and services are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications.
The role is focused upon providing a specific Purchasing service for Divisional controlled components.
The buyer takes immediate direction from the Business Unit within a structure provided by Group Purchasing, i.e. buy what the company specifies from whom the commodity strategy specifies.
- To be responsible for new parts first off availability and ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) compliance within the NPI (New Product Introduction) process requirement.
- Ensure Warranty agreements are in place where required prior to placing an order or LTA. (Long Term Agreement)
- To be responsible for part price negotiation and cost target fulfilment
- Increase the value year on year, of direct materials sourced Internationally with LCC (Low Cost Country)suppliers in line with the requirements of the 3 year plan.
- Manage the implementation of VA/VE (Value analysis/Value Engineering) cost saving projects
- To be responsible in supporting Production Control/Material Planning in resolving Level 2 and 3 supplier problems without becoming chief expeditor.
- To be responsible for ensuring all external risks within the supply chain are managed.
- Plan, organise and direct appropriate resources to achieve the VFM (Value For Money) and International cost saving budget.
- To be responsible for timely order placement. Ensuring that sufficient capacity exists, liaising with the relevant lead buyer to ensure no conflict exists with availability.
- To be specifically responsible for sourcing component.
Negotiation- preparation , planning, execution
Cost Breakdown- key elements of cost build-up
Value analysis/Value Engineering implementation
Supplier/shop planning and capacity analysis
Manufacturing processes and techniques
2/3 years in a multi-site, multi-national company
Track record of managing supplier QCIDM performance
Experience of a multi-interface environment
Used to a results driven environment
Graduate calibre, preferably CIPS qualified
Previous multi-site purchasing role
Used to dealing with people at all levels of an organisation
Flexibility to support both functional and divisional Directors
Hard working and committed
Independent (can be trusted to work unsupervised)
Hours of work (37.5 hours) Monday-Friday
To apply call or send CV to Pauline on
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'